The bathroom is the room in your house which gets the most use on a daily basis. Ironically, this is also the one which we all hate to clean.
Perhaps that is because it is also the most challenging room to clean well. Continuous exposure to germs, dirt, mold, mildew, and humidity can take their toll on your bathroom tiles and fixtures making them look unsightly even after scrubbing.
Here are a few useful cleaning tips to ensure your bathroom remains spick and span all day long, each day, every day. Read on to learn more.
- Nothing helps delay mildew stains like a dry shower. Use a squeegee for wiping down the walls, tub, and shower doors. Ensure proper ventilation to help dissipate moisture.
- Use good quality water repellent to coat the shower walls and doors. This coating helps bead off the water, minerals, and soap scum so there’s less for you to wipe and clean.
- Keep your cabinets well organized. This means designating certain areas for certain items. Keep things in order to make your bathroom look clean and tidy and also to make daily cleaning easier.
- Install ample towel bars so they can dry quickly. Even if you have very little wall space, you can use an over-the-door towel bar or hooks for drying.
- Always keep paper wipes stashed under the sink so you can quickly clean up toothpaste splatter, watermarks, and other mess as soon as you spot them.
- Regularly clean your toilet brush with a good quality detergent once or twice in a month.
You should also consider getting non-toxic porcelain reglazing for your bathroom fixtures to restore them luster once again after years of use. This will enhance the appearance of your bathroom at the fraction of a cost of remodeling. Another benefit is the finish will be easier to clean. When porcelain loses its shine it becomes more porous allowing the dirt and grime a place to stick.
When you refinish your tile you will permanently say goodbye to grout. The grout will now be covered with a porcelain finish and you will not have to deal with recurring mildew that has embedded itself in the pores of the grout. Imagine your shower with no discolored grout — ever!
The refinishing process will eliminate chips, cracks, and stains on your tile, shower pans, tubs, and sink. Unfortunately, we can not refinish the toilet. How would it feel to walk into your bathroom and see sparkle again? You may even be excited about cleaning if you knew the finished product would have that much shine. Give Total Koatings a call and find out just how fast and affordable porcelain refinishing can be.