When it comes to renovating a home, you end up spending a significant amount of time choosing the best countertop for a bathroom because it is the most used space in your home, second to only the kitchen.
Choosing a bathroom countertop is as important as choosing a kitchen countertop, so you should know about the best materials available in the market that are deemed ideal for high-traffic bathrooms to make a well-informed decision.
Let us take a look at the best bathroom countertop materials.
- Marble: Marble bathroom countertops are the epitome of luxurious elegance. Marble is pretty much affordable these days, which means you can buy one without stretching your budget. It is the most durable material and doesn’t dent easily. However, its porous nature makes it susceptible to stains.
- Granite: Granite is considered the hero of the countertops materials, mainly because of its durable, stain-resistant, aesthetic and easy-to-maintain qualities. Although it is expensive, it is an ideal choice in the long run. You can also consider granite tiles because they are sold at cheap rates.
- Porcelain or Ceramic Tiles: Porcelain or ceramic tiles are perhaps the most popular choice for homeowners looking for bold patterns in the bathroom. These are affordable and suit most pockets. It means even a couple of damaged tiles can be replaced easily, without any financial burden. Other benefits include high resistance to heat and moisture.
- Manufactured Quartz: When you want to replicate the look of granite or marble, manufactured quartz is the best choice. It is highly resistant to moisture and bacteria and doesn’t require sealing often. It also has better resistance to stains than granite.
- Solid Surface Materials: Solid-surface materials give the look of natural stone. These are available in a wide range of colors and beautiful patterns to suit the chosen theme of the bathroom. Easy-to-maintain, non-porous, and can fit any bathroom area.
These are all great choices but over time they can all become damaged or lose their appeal. That is where a countertop refinishing company can be of service. The cracks and chips can be fixed and a hard nonporous coating can be applied over the stains and dated color giving you the appearance of a brand new countertop. Total Koatings helps homeowners, property managers and real estate investors save time and money while adding value and improving the appearance of their homes and apartments.
Any hard flat surface can be refinished with a porcelain finish in a selection of colors. This is not a paint and it will not chip, peel, or bubble. Refinishing is the perfect solution for those needing a solution other than replacing the countertops.