We often tend to not pay close attention to our bathroom. But, because the bathroom is one of the smallest and functional rooms in our home even small changes will be enough to give it a pleasant makeover.
Think it is impossible to make a difference on a small budget? You might be surprised. Here are 5 easy decor hacks to make your bathroom awesome. Let’s get started!
1. Green It Up With Houseplants– Houseplants don’t take up much space but they can totally change the feel of the room. Adding a touch of green to your bathroom can go a long way. Why?
Houseplants do not just make the air cleaner but also improve your mood. They subconsciously make you feel calm and relaxed. You could get a small fern, or some jars of cut greens and place them by the sink or even attach them to a plank on the wall. You could also consider using Aloe Vera, and while it enjoys its space in your bathroom, you could further utilize it as an effective and natural skin moisturizer and treatment.
2. Add Some Color With an Accent Wall – One of the best bathroom decor tips would be to paint an accent wall with a striking color such as pastel blue, peony pink, bright yellow, or even pistachio green.
For example, colors like royal blue and rich green give a sense of tranquility. Likewise, wall colors like pink and yellow could add a cheerful mood to your bathroom. If painting seems like a cumbersome task, you could get a magnificent wall art and place it in front of your bathtub or on the wall adjacent to your sink. No matter how small the space, you can always experiment with painting.
3. Clutter-Free Storage – Small bathrooms can often be difficult, but with a few tips, it’s easy to get it back on track. Done right storage can be more than just functional. It can also lend style to the room.
With one or two hanging racks to accommodate your skincare products and lotions, you can eliminate using a bathroom cabinet. Stylish shelves of natural wood or a more modern metal look allow you to have not only storage but also room for decor accessories.
A woven basket or a bamboo one could also be functional as well as a beautiful addition to stock up your toilet papers, shampoos, and other products. Either leave it natural or paint it to add contrast.
4. Add a Framed Mirror – Replace the plain vanity mirror with something with more flair. Very often you can find mirrors at thrift stores or rummage sales with beautiful frames and in unique shapes.
You could also leave the existing flat mirror and frame it using molding purchased at the home improvement store. They will even cut it to length for you. Buy a tube of liquid nail and some paint or stain and you can easily make a frame for just a few dollars.
5. Refinish Your Porcelain – Sometimes referred to as reglazing this is the process of applying a new coat of porcelain to your bathtub, shower, tile, sink, or countertop. When applied by a trusted professional, like Total Koatings, your porcelain will look like brand new. You can even change the color, repair cracks and chips, and cover ugly grout.
These are 5 simple ways to add style to your bathroom decor without spending a lot of money. Are you ready to get started?